- A scientism defence of Logical Positivism
- Universities UK is simply wrong on segregation
- Why are British Student Unions imposing Islamic rules?
- William Tyndale, hero of atheism
- Why the non-religious are getting “overheated” about British “faith” schools
- Burqa bans made easy: properly understanding religious freedom
- What does “existence” mean?
- Children matter as children: why Dawkins did not say that child abuse is “zero bad”
- children Christianity circumcision consilience creationism creator Darwinism Dawkins determinism education Einstein empirical reality empiricism equality faith fine tuning free speech free will God Hitler Islam Jerry Coyne Massimo Pigliucci materialism mathematics morality moral responsibility Nazis Rabbi Sacks Ratzinger religious freedom Sam Harris scientific method theology universe
Tag Archives: free will
Professor Coyne’s website Why Evolution is True is one of my favourites and generally his views align well with mine. I part company with him, though, in his long-running campaign to get rid of notions of “moral responsibility” and “free … Continue reading
A long-running feature of Jerry Coyne’s popular website has been his discussion of “free will”. Jerry sensibly rejects all notions of mind/body dualism or any notions of a supernatural “soul” which can over-ride the laws of physics. However, Jerry is … Continue reading